Reporting to the Region Manager; the Centre Manager is the accountable officer at each Centre who executes managerial/administrative functions and ensures that the Programme activities are planned, organized, sufficiently coordinated and executed at the supervised sites. The Centre Manager is responsible for giving clear directions to both staff and students; to form and maintain strategic linkages with corporate society. The Centre Manager will monitor the delivery of the programme activities at the Centre and make recommendations to effect improvements in the system.
- Supervises all the Programme activities at the Centre and Outreach Station and ensures quality of the delivery of each activity.
- Prepares an annual work plan for implementation of the Programme objectives at the Centre and Outreach Station
- Ensures that the organization’s objectives are sufficiently met at the Centre
- Ensures that the standards of the organization are sufficiently upheld at the Centre and Outreach Station
- Ensures that the academic component of the Programme meets the standards of the MOE
- Identifies gaps in the Programme activities, and takes initiative for remediation
- Ensures that proper record keeping practices are observed
- Organizes and implements of economic project(s) and fund raising activities at the Centre.
- Coordinates data collection, and compiles reports on the performance and progress of the Centre Outreach Station for inclusion in Quarterly and Annual Reports.
- Represent the organization at local fora
- Maintains contact with local organizations/institutions to engender public awareness of the Foundation
Human Resource Duties
- Conducts periodic staff meetings to ensure dissemination of information, and to engender a sense of camaraderie among the staff
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff through effective objective setting, delegation and communication.
- Conducts performance appraisals of all direct supervision
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of direct reports and recommends and/or initiates corrective actions where necessary to improve performance to attain established personal and/or organizational goals.
- Fosters teamwork, a harmonious working environment and promotes collaborative working relations
- Ensures the developmental needs of staff are clearly identified and addressed
- Recommends training for staff to increase awareness
- Conducts performance appraisals of staff supervised for required purpose and at required intervals.
- Ensures that staff is aware of and adhere to the policies, procedures and regulations
Performs any other duties assigned by the Region Manager.
Required Skills/knowledge and Competencies
- Sound knowledge of the relevant computer applications.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent social and collaborative skills
- Excellent administrative and supervisory skills
- A high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team and have a capacity to motivate others
- Sound knowledge and understanding of government regulation, practices and functions
- Sound Knowledge of Adolescent Psychology/counselling psychology
- Good management and leadership skills
- Have knowledge of the following acts and regulations-: the education act, the education regulations, the Child Care and Protection Act, the Access to Information Act
- Ability to maintain composure and respond professionally under stressful circumstances
- Good use of initiative, problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in unfavorable or unpopular situations
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- A First Degree in Management or Business Studies or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- At least six (6) years related experience at managerial level, with at least two (2) years’ experience in Social Work and or Business Education
Applicants, who meet the criteria, are invited to refer their application accompanied by a resume no later than Friday August 16, 2019 to:
Director, Corporate Services
Women’s Centre of Jamaica Foundation
42 Trafalgar Road
We thank you for responding, but only short listed candidates will be contacted