Reporting to the Director, Field Operations, the Exam Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, delivery and functions of internal and external assessment to include CSEC, City and Guilds, Jamaica School Certificate (JSC) as well as Monthly and End of Term Examinations across the ten (10) Women’s Centre Main Centres and their Outreach Stations.
- Communicates with the Overseas Examination Office (OEC) office for updates, deadlines, training, policy relating to examination regulations and other necessary information
- Attends workshops and seminars for the CSEC programme to acquires and maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the examinations system
- Assists students with subject selection and reminds students on information such as deadline for examination fees to be paid, examination dates and School Base Assessment (SBA) deadlines
- Conducts book rental to students and ensures the return of same.
- Be the principal administrator in preparing and submitting all examination entries to the relevant examination offices. Receive, check and distribute examination entry statements to students.
- Organizes the sittings for all examinations, including internal school examinations and publicizing the examination schedule to staff and students.
- Ensures that all examinations take place according to regulations published by the Examination Offices and that such regulations are publicly displayed and students duly informed.
- Receives examination papers and other relevant materials sent by Examination Office and keep them in a secure place and returns to the OEC/MOE.
- Sets up of the Online Registration System for the registration of students/teachers and inputs students’ detailed information electronically
- Prepares and submits all examination entries to the relevant offices and makes the necessary arrangements for students sitting examination(s) outside of the normal venues.
- Liaises, prepares correspondence and updates directors as it relates to funding and sponsorship, progress and performance of the programme
- Makes preparation for Food & Nutrition/Home Management practical exercises
- Liaises with Subject teachers regarding all examination entries, follows up queries from subject teachers and counsellors regarding examination-related issues and disseminates, to relevant staff, literature(s) regarding examinations or syllabuses, sent by Examination offices.
- Ensures that all teachers complete the subject syllabuses and merit/ranking sheets on a timely manner
- Ensures that all SBA and practical assignments are completed and marked for submission on a timely basis.
- Packages students’ SBAs after the ORS selection process, completing of declaration and moderation forms and take to Overseas Examination Office (OEC)
- Coordinates the Grade Nine Achievement Test (GNAT) and Jamaica School Certificate JSC) Examination
- Liaises with the Education Officer at the Ministry of Education (MOE)
- Liaises with Centre Mangers, Counsellor teachers in preparation of monthly assessments in the different subject areas to map the progress of students for the MOE incentive
- Coordinates the virtual CSEC programme
- Prepares and issues end of quarter progress of students’ academic performance forms to parents/guardians.
- Prepares end of year reports for the CSEC/GNAT/JSC programme.
- Coordinates the Parent/Teachers/Counsellors meetings for the CSEC, JSC and GNAT programme
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Director Field Operations
Required Skills/knowledge and Competencies
- Sound knowledge of the relevant computer applications.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent administrative and supervisory skills
- A high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Sound knowledge and understanding the Overseas Examination Guidelines, policies and procedures
- Good management and leadership skills
- Good use of initiative, problem solving
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- A First Degree in Education or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution
- At least four (4) years related experience in Education, with at least two (3) years’ experience at managerial /Senior Teacher level
Applicants, who meet the criteria, are invited to refer their application accompanied by a resume no later than Friday December 4, 2020 to:
We thank you for responding, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted