Reporting directly to the Director, Field Operations; the Regional Manager will be concerned with the coordination and supervision of all programme activities within the four (4) Centres and their Outreach Stations (i.e. Spanish Town, Kingston, Port Antonio, St. Ann’s Bay and Morant Bay Centre).
- Assists the Director, Field Operations with the guidance and co-ordination of activities of programmes in Region 2.
- Supervises the Managers to ensure that the Programme activities are sufficiently delivered, and that the goals and objectives of the Foundation are met
- Maintains close liaison with Centre Managers.
- Conducts Performance Appraisals for Centre Managers and make commendations for other staff within the region.
- Visits the Centres and outreach station at regular intervals
- Presents timely and accurate reports to the Director, Field Operations
- Assists with the collation of statistical report
- Attends meetings with relevant organization as directed by the Director Field Operations
Human Resource Duties
- Conducts performance appraisals of staff supervised for required purpose and at required intervals.
- Maintains a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the organization goals
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff as required
- Provides leadership, guidance to the field staff and manages the work of direct reports through effective objective setting, delegation, communication, training, planning, monitoring and coaching
- Ensures the developmental needs of staff are clearly identified and addressed
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Director, Field Operations
Required Skills/knowledge and Competencies
- Sound knowledge of counselling practices and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the relevant computer applications.
- Effective counselling techniques and listening skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a tea
- Good supervision and leadership/management skills
- Sound knowledge of the Child Care and Protection Act
- Ability to maintain composure and respond professionally under stressful circumstances
- Good use of initiative, problem solving and conflict management skills
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Public Sector Management or related discipline
- Professional/ practical experience in Social Work or Education or Counselling
- Five (5) years related experience at the managerial level of which at least two (2) years should be at a senior level in Social Work or any other related field.
- Training in modern approach to performance management
Applicants, who meet the criteria, are invited to refer their application accompanied by a resume no later than Friday December 4, 2020 to:
We thank you for responding, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted