Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, the Senior Secretary is responsible for providing secretarial/administrative support to the Director Corporate Services and facilitates interface with departments, agencies, external and internal customers.
- Provides the Director, Corporate Services with support and secretarial service.
- Receives, directs, and conveys telephone, fax and email messages to the relevant persons.
- Assists in the preparation of meetings, conferences and training sessions.
- Prepares minutes, reports and other appropriate documents for assigned meetings.
- Receives sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Prepares and produces letters and documents using the relevant computer application
- Sorts, files document and maintains an efficient manual and electronic filing system
- Circulates letters, memoranda, and other related documents electronically/ manually on the advice of the Director, Corporate Services
Required Skills/knowledge and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Excellent time management and organizing skills
- Proficiency in the use of the relevant computer applications
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task
- Sound knowledge of office practices and procedures
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent minute writing skills
- Good record management skills
- Positive job attitude
- Good knowledge of filing system and methods
- Ability to work in teams
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Administrative Management (CAM) Level 4 (MIND) with Five (5) passes in GCE “O” Level, CXC or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics. Certificate in Microsoft Office Applications
- CPS/CAP Designate with Five (5) passes in GCE “O” Level, CXC or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics. Certificate in Microsoft Office Applications
- Three (3) years Administrative/Secretarial experience
Applicants, who meet the criteria, are invited to refer their application accompanied by a resume no later than Friday, December 4, 2020 to:
We thank you for responding, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted