Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support to the Centre and its Outreach Stations in ensuring that the free flow of communication is maintained between the WCJF and the customer in ensuring that the Foundation goals and objectives are met.
1) Prepares and produces letters, memos, reports and other routine documents using the relevant computer applications.
2) Schedules appointments and meetings, reminds Centre Manager of same and prepares the relevant documentations for such meetings
3) Takes and transcribes minutes of meetings and distributes to relevant persons
4) Records and dispatches incoming and outgoing correspondence on the relevant document tracking system
5) Develops and maintains a computerized and manual filing system that facilitates easy access, retrieval and security of files
6) Organizes events of office activities such as scheduling venue, issuing information
7) Compiles information and data for a variety of reports
8) Orders grocery, stationery, and office supplies and maintains an inventory of office equipment
9) Answers incoming calls and queries of both internal and external customers and routes them to the relevant officers where appropriate
10) Provides the public with general information.
11) Communicates information pertinent to staff in a timely manner
12) Photocopies, sorts and faxes documents to related departments and agencies as require
13) Makes timely entries to and manages the student data base.
14) Prepares document for monthly submission to Administration
15) Performs any other duties assigned by the Centre Manager
Required Skills/knowledge and Competencies
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skill
· Excellent time management and organizing skills
· Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications and systems
· Ability to exercise discretion
· Positive job attitude
· Good knowledge of record keeping and records/file management techniques
· Excellent planning and organising skills
· Sound knowledge of office protocol, policies and procedures
· Ability to deal patiently and courteously with people by telephone and in person
· Ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative, professionalism and confidentiality
· Excellent minute writing skills
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
· Associate of Science Degree in Business Administration or
· Diploma in Administrative Management and Certified Administrative Management (CAM) Level 3or 4 (MIND)
· Certificate in Microsoft Office Applications
· Five (5) passes in GCE “O” Level, CXC or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics.
· Proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 60-80 words per minute
· Proficiency in shorthand at a speed of 80- 100 words per minute.
· Three (3) years Administrative/Secretarial experience
Applicants, who meet the criteria, are invited to refer their application accompanied by a resume no later than Monday March 14, 2022 to:
Director, Corporate Services
Women’s Centre of Jamaica Foundation
42 Trafalgar Road
Kingston 10 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We thank you for responding, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.