Selected individual would serve at one of the following Centres:
1. Kingston – 42 Trafalgar Road
2. Spanish Town – 16 Monk Street
3. Morant Bay – 21 Queens Street
4. Mandeville – 10 Patrick Road
5. Denbigh – Site located on Clarendon Health Department Grounds
6. Sav-La-Mar – Llandilo Main Road
7. Montego Bay – 2 Peter Pan Avenue
8. St. Ann’s Bay – Seville Road
9. Santa Cruz Outreach – Institution Drive
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Grounds Man is responsible for the general maintenance of the grounds, gardens and any established green area of the Centre.
1. Guards and secures premises by monitoring all entrances and fencing.
2. Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic to maintain orderly flow
3. Soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, bed preparation and planting.
4. Assists with manual tasks as required including the lifting of boxes equipment and the moving and setting up of furniture
5. Maintains the appearance of the grassed and planted areas
6. Makes sure that all lawns and hedges are maintained and kept tidy
7. Sweeps the front entrances and ensures that it is kept free of debris
8. Ensures the grounds and gardens are maintained and presented to good standard
9. Ensures at all times that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
10. Watches for and reports irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
11. Performs any other duties assigned by the Centre Manager.
Required Skills/knowledge and Competencies
· Good communication skills
· Should be able to read, write and follow written directions
· A high degree of confidentiality.
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Positive job attitude
· Promote safe working practices, health & safety, and emergency fire procedures
· Ability to lift loads weighing up to 100 pounds
· Ability to work from ladders and at heights up to 100 feet.
· Excellent horticultural/agricultural skills
· An aptitude for grounds maintenance and a pride in work
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
· Three (3) passes in GCE “O” Level, CXC or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics.
· Training in landscaping/gardening/horticulture
· Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
Applicants, who meet the criteria, are invited to refer their application accompanied by a resume no later than Monday March 14, 2022 to:
Director, Corporate Services
Women’s Centre of Jamaica Foundation
42 Trafalgar Road
Kingston 10 Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for responding, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.