Selected individual would serve at one of the following Centres:
1. Spanish Town – 16 Monk Street
2. Port Antonio – 13 King Street
3. Junction – Main Street
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Watchman/Caretaker is responsible for the safety and security of the students, staff, and the buildings/premises during assigned work.
1. Guards and secures premises by monitoring all entrances and fencing.
2. Routinely inspects the property for any suspicious activities.
3. Checks all doors in and outside of buildings to be sure they are locked when vacant, locks doors found to be left unlocked
4. Makes floor-by-floor check of all buildings once every two hours during the nightly work assignment and logs such patrols
5. Notifies supervisor of any situation requiring immediate or prompt attention
6. Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic to maintain orderly flow
7. Performs any other duties assigned by Centre Manager
Required Skills/knowledge and Competencies
· Good communication skills, understand information in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
· Should be able to read, write and follow written directions
· A high degree of confidentiality.
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Positive job attitude
· Demonstrate aptitude or competence for assigned responsibility
· Promotes safe working practices
· Health & Safety policy, and emergency fire procedures
· Ability to lift loads weighing up to 100 pounds
· Ability to work from ladders and at heights up to 100 feet.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
· Three (3) passes in GCE “O” Level, CXC or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics.
· Certificate in Industrial Security Operations NVQJ Level 1
· Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
Applicants, who meet the criteria, are invited to refer their application accompanied by a resume no later than Monday March 14, 2022 to:
Director, Corporate Services
Women’s Centre of Jamaica Foundation
42 Trafalgar Road
Kingston 10 Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for responding, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.